Re: Which is faster SQL or PL/PGSQL

От Michael Pohl
Тема Re: Which is faster SQL or PL/PGSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Sun, 19 Oct 2003, Christopher Browne wrote:

> The world rejoiced as jinujosein@yahoo.com ("George A.J") wrote:
> > i am converting an MSSQL database to Postgres. there is a lot of
> > procedures to convert.
> >
> > which language is best for functions, SQL or plpgsql.
> >
> > which is faster . i am using postgres 7.3.2
>
> Hmm?  This doesn't seem to make much more sense than the question of
> what colour a database should be ("Mauve has more RAM...").

Transact-SQL stored procedures pseudo-compile their execution plans the
first time they are run, which can result in faster subsequent executions.
I'm guessing the poster was wondering if plpgsql functions offered similar
performance benefits vs. equivalent SQL.

michael

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Dmitri Fuerle
Сообщение: Re: Question regarding triggers
От: Richard Huxton
Сообщение: Re: Which is faster SQL or PL/PGSQL