Re: Comparative performance

От Dennis Bjorklund
Тема Re: Comparative performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, Joe wrote:

> Before I post the EXPLAIN and the table schema I'd appreciate
> confirmation that this list is the appropriate forum.

It is and and useful things to show are

 * the slow query
 * EXPLAIN ANALYZE of the query
 * the output of \d for each table involved in the query
 * the output of SHOW ALL;
 * The amount of memory the machine have

The settings that are the most important to tune in postgresql.conf for
performance is in my opinion; shared_buffers, effective_cache_size and
(to a lesser extent) work_mem.

--
/Dennis Björklund

От: "Jeffrey W. Baker"
Сообщение: Sequential I/O Cost (was Re: A Better External Sort?)
От: Ron Peacetree
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] A Better External Sort?