Re: Microsoft access verses postgresql

От David F. Skoll
Тема Re: Microsoft access verses postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Juan Miguel wrote:

> Therefore, do you know a better Open Source DBMS than Access, that is
> easy to install and integrate with your applications ?

What is your target environment?

We sell a commercial program (http://www.canit.ca) that uses PostgreSQL
internally.  For our Red Hat 8 and 9 Linux targets, installation is
extremely simple; it goes something like this:

    ./install
    ./init-database

I would imagine that you could fairly easily write comparable wrapper
installation programs for PostgreSQL on other platforms.

Regards,

David.

От: Juan Miguel
Сообщение: Postgres Web Page
От: Oli Sennhauser
Сообщение: Re: data format problem for upgrede from 7.1->7.3