Re: ERROR: could not read block

От Qingqing Zhou
Тема Re: ERROR: could not read block
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Kevin Grittner wrote:

> I got the error log working on Windows (with redirect_stderr).  I had
> to stop and restart postgres to do so.  I ran the query (for the fourth
> time), and it completed successfully.

Strange - the phyiscal read for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th time should be the
same, if we intent to think of the IO presure.

> Is there anything that anyone wants me to do at this point, to try
> to pin down a cause, or do I drop it here?

Since you can reproduce the error with big chance, I think it is a good
chance to pin down a cause now. It would be useful to know the
GetLastError() instead of a tranlated errno. Can you patch the code like
this (patch smgrread()):

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2005-10/msg00050.php

Regards,
Qingqing

От: Kevin Keith
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: could not read block
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: ERROR: could not read block