Re: Dealing with big tables

От Matthew
Тема Re: Dealing with big tables
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, 3 Dec 2007, Mark Kirkwood wrote:

> > And I cannot use some index organized table or table partitioned by
> > From :) because there are at least 2 similar indexes by which queries
> > can be executed - From and To.

> This makes things a bit tough. One trick is to vertically partition the
> table into two new tables - with "From" in one and "To" in the other...
> then you can (horizontally) partition or cluster on each of these
> columns separately.

Or you could even commit a capital sin and have several copies of the same
table, sorted by different columns. Just remember to select from the
correct table to get the performance, and to write all changes to all the
tables! Kind of messes up transactions and locking a little though.

Matthew

--
No, C++ isn't equal to D. 'C' is undeclared, so we assume it's an int,
with a default value of zero.  Hence, C++ should really be called 1.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: EXPLAIN ANALYZE time calculations
От: Paul Lindner
Сообщение: Re: Training Recommendations