Re: Help installing 8.0.2 rpms on RH 3.0

От Devrim GUNDUZ
Тема Re: Help installing 8.0.2 rpms on RH 3.0
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi,

You need to build all software that runs with PostgreSQL.

On my RHEL box, I've just symlinked libpq.so.4 to libpq.so.3 manually.
Apply the same procedures for libecpg.so.4 and libpgtypes.so.1 .

Regards,

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Chris Hoover wrote:

> I need some help,
>
> I am doing initial investigation into the next project.  Part of the project
> is to upgrade from RH 2.1 to 3.0 (or greater) and to upgrade from Postgresql
> 7.3.4 to a newer version.  Currently we are compiling our version of
> postgresql and I would really like to get away from that.   However, I am
> having some difficulty installing the postgresql.org RH 3.0 rpms for
> Postgresql 8.0.2.
>
> Here is what I have:
> Virgin install of RH ES 3.0 from cd's (no update run right now)
>
> When I try to start installing the Postgresql rpms, I get the following:
> [root@localhost postgresql_rpms]# rpm -Uvh
> postgresql-libs-8.0.2-1PGDG.i686.rpm
> warning: postgresql-libs-8.0.2-1PGDG.i686.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key
> ID 748f7d0e
> error: Failed dependencies:
>       libecpg.so.4 is needed by postgresql-libs-8.0.2-1PGDG
>       libpgtypes.so.1 is needed by postgresql-libs-8.0.2-1PGDG
>       libpq.so.3 is needed by postgresql-libs-8.0.2-1PGDG
>   Suggested resolutions:
>       rh-postgresql-libs-7.3.4-8.i386.rpm
>
> I've tried this with both the  rh-postgresql-libs-7.3.4-8.i386.rpm installed
> and not installed and am getting the same results.
> What do I need to do to get the rpms to install????
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Chris

>     subscribe-nomail command to majordomo@postgresql.org so that your
>     message can get through to the mailing list cleanly

- --
Devrim GUNDUZ
http://www.tdmsoft.com                         http://www.gunduz.org