Re: Restoring database question..

От arsi@aranzo.netg.se
Тема Re: Restoring database question..
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi there,

>> My question is as follows, is it possible to simply copy the data files
>> to their correct location and getting access to the databases as they
>> looked at the time of the hacking attempt?
>> I should have the exact same setup before the hack as after, no version
>> changes or anything.
>
> If the database was running when the files were backed up, then just copying
> them over is very unlikely to work.

The thing is, there was no backup. The machine was hacked and someone did
an 'rm -rf *' on / and I don't know if it removed the postgres program
first or the datafiles first, nor do I know if that matters.

Also, the main data files also exist (I copied the data folder to its
correct place as the restoring technique), I can select from the actual
data, only the pg_* tables seem to be missing since I can't dump the
database or do \d on any tables.

Archie

От: "Sriram Dandapani"
Сообщение: Re: dropping partitioned table waits forever
От: Gallai János
Сообщение: Migration from 7.4.2 to 8.1.4