Re: Sample database for testing?

От Andy Ruhl
Тема Re: Sample database for testing?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 1 Feb 2002, Oliver Elphick wrote:

> If you do this, you will have mytable in every database you create
> thereafter.  It is not called a template for no reason!  template1 is
> copied in its entirety into every new database when it is created. (And
> so the rest of the advice is redundant, too.)

Yeah, I don't think I want to mess with template.

> A better choice is to run the regression tests and use the regression
> database for your experiments, since it will have a lot of tables
> already containing data.

I actually ordered the new Practical Postgresql book from O'Reilly. There
is a sample database in there called booktown.sql. I realize this book is
free online, but I like to support the cause...

> Isle of Wight                              http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver

I gotta check this place out...

Andy

--
acruhl@sdf.lonestar.org

От: Oliver Elphick
Сообщение: Re: Sample database for testing?
От: "Brett W. McCoy"
Сообщение: Re: SQL question