Re: Maximum Performance -> File System?

От Andy Ruhl
Тема Re: Maximum Performance -> File System?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sat, 26 Jan 2002, Jean Huveneers wrote:

> And multi-processor usage depends on your linux kernel.

Or FreeBSD or anything else of course.

> But what is the best file system to use?
> I'm going to run postgres on a IDE-RAID5 (hardware from 3Ware) ATA-100
> system, total capacity around the 160GB, anybody had any good or bad
> experience with different File systems (ext2, ext3, reiser, etc)?

If raw volumes were supported (like they are with some commercial
databases), then I'd say that they would be the fastest because they have
no filesystem. But I don't know if they are supported with postgres.

Andy

--
acruhl@sdf.lonestar.org

От: Andy Ruhl
Сообщение: Re: Where can I get Users and Roles information in PostgreSQL
От: Naomi Walker
Сообщение: Re: Filesystem Backup