Re: 6.8.5: Location of CURRENT_DATE unclear

От Curt Sampson
Тема Re: 6.8.5: Location of CURRENT_DATE unclear
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Fri, 11 Apr 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net> writes:
> > In table 6-18 the 7.3 documentation, it describes the CURRENT_DATE
> > function as returning "today's date." Section 6.8.4 mentions
> > CURRENT_DATE again, but does not describe what location is used to
> > determine the current date. Does this return the current date as of now,
> > UTC, or the current date in the local timezone?
>
> The latter, as you could easily have found by experiment.

In fact, I did find that out by experiment. My real question, I guess,
is "is there some good reason not to have this information in the
documentation?" (In fact, I'm sure the answer is "no," so more the real
question is, "Is my whinging enough to get someone to add it, or do I
have to get off my lazy ass and submit a patch?")

cjs

От: Jan Wieck
Сообщение: Re: Docs patch to note that rules only get run once per query.
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Docs patch to note that rules only get run once per query.