RE: SQL issue after migrating from version 13 to 15

От Campbell, Lance
Тема RE: SQL issue after migrating from version 13 to 15
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Thanks so much for the assistance. That resolved my issue. I hope you have a great week.

Lance

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2023 10:31 AM
To: Campbell, Lance <lance@illinois.edu>
Cc: pgsql-sql@lists.postgresql.org
Subject: Re: SQL issue after migrating from version 13 to 15

"Campbell, Lance" <lance@illinois.edu> writes:
> The below segment of the where clause works fine if the value passed is a single value like "real":

> AND to_tsvector('simple', CAST (table_column as text)) @@
> to_tsquery('simple', 'real')

> However, this no longer works when there are two values "real,impact". The only change was migrating from PostgreSQL
13to 15:

> AND to_tsvector('simple', CAST (table_column as text)) @@
> to_tsquery('simple', 'real,impact')

You really should define what you mean by "works" in a question like this.

However, I think what you are unhappy about is that the interpretation of that to_tsquery input has changed.  In v13:

regression=# select to_tsquery('simple', 'real,impact');
    to_tsquery
-------------------
 'real' & 'impact'
(1 row)

In v14 and later:

regression=# select to_tsquery('simple', 'real,impact');
     to_tsquery
---------------------
 'real' <-> 'impact'
(1 row)

The v14 release notes mention that there were incompatible changes in this area, although they don't cite this specific
case. But anyway, if the behavior you want is & then I'd suggest writing &, rather than assuming that some other
punctuationwill behave the same.  Or you could switch to plainto_tsquery(), which disregards the punctuation
altogether.

            regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: SQL issue after migrating from version 13 to 15
От: Shaozhong SHI
Сообщение: Concurrently run scipts