Confusion over Python drivers

От Kevin Ar18
Тема Confusion over Python drivers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I saw this on reddit and thought I might drop a line.<br /><br />I went through this same issue, trying to find a
postgresqldriver.  Mostly, I had no intention of using psycopg because of its copyleft licensing.  (Of course, I don't
/>I'mvague on it's features, whether it has C optimizations, or if it is a version limited to Python 3 or 2.x<br /><br
part. Now for some problems that would need solving in order for the db api to be extremely useful/userfriendly in the
Pythonworld:<br />------------------<br />* SQLAlchemy bindings/support -- as of right now only psycopyg works in
SQLAlchemywithout problems.  PG8000 will work, but you need an experimental version of boht PG8000 and SQLAlchemy.  The
othertwo do not work.  SQLAlchemy support is probably most needed of anything.  SQLAlchemy support should not only be
possiblebut default.<br />* Django bindings (these are unique to Django and nobody but psycopg has them, which is not
good). Django support should not only be possible but default.<br /> * Needs 2.x and Python 3 compatability<br />* It
isinevitable that if the library uses C optimizations, then that means they need to provide lots of different binaries
--think 32bit vs 64bit and then 2.4, 2.5, 3.0 etc....  Some combinations will often be left out making it hard for
course,you have your own features that you want from your end (from PostgreSQL's perspective).  Perhaps this info would
<ahref="http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469229/direct/01/" target="_new">Sign up now.</a>

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Confusion over Python drivers
От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: Confusion over Python drivers