RE: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node

От Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
Тема RE: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear Bharath, Sawada-san,

Welcome back!

> > ---
> > { oid => '8046', descr => 'for use by pg_upgrade',
> >   proname => 'binary_upgrade_logical_slot_has_caught_up', proisstrict => 'f',
> >   provolatile => 'v', proparallel => 'u', prorettype => 'bool',
> >   proargtypes => 'name',
> >   prosrc => 'binary_upgrade_logical_slot_has_caught_up' },
> >
> > The function is not a strict function but we check in the function if
> > the passed argument is not null. I think it would be clearer to make
> > it a strict function.
>
> I think it has been done that way similar to
> binary_upgrade_create_empty_extension().

Yeah, we followed binary_upgrade_create_empty_extension(). Also, we set as
un-strict to keep a caller function simpler.

Currently get_old_cluster_logical_slot_infos() executes a query and it contains
binary_upgrade_logical_slot_has_caught_up(). In pg_upgrade layer, we assumed
either true or false is returned.

But if proisstrict is changed true, we must handle the case when NULL is returned.
It is small but backseat operation.

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED

От: shveta malik
От: "Daniel Verite"
Сообщение: Re: proposal: change behavior on collation version mismatch