RE: Random pg_upgrade test failure on drongo

От Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu)
Тема RE: Random pg_upgrade test failure on drongo
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear Alexander,

> Please look at the simple test program attached. It demonstrates the
> failure for me when running in two sessions as follows:
> unlink-open test 150 1000
>                  unlink-open test2 150 1000

Thanks for attaching a program. This helps us to understand the issue.
I wanted to confirm your env - this failure was occurred on windows server XXXX, right?

> That is, my idea was to try removing a file through renaming it as a fast
> path (thus avoiding that troublesome state DELETE PENDING), and if that
> fails, to perform removal as before. May be the whole function might be
> simplified, but I'm not sure about special cases yet.

I felt that your result showed pgrename() would be more rarely delayed than unlink().
That's why a file which has original name would not exist when subsequent open() was called.

About special cases, I wanted seniors to check.

> > * IIUC, the important points is the latter part, which waits until the status is
> >    changed. Based on that, can we remove a double rmtree() from
> cleanup_output_dirs()?
> >    They seems to be add for the similar motivation.
>
> I couldn't yet reproduce a failure, which motivated that doubling (IIUC, it
> was observed in [1]), with c28911750 reverted, so I need more time to
> research that issue to answer this question.

Yeah, as the first place, this failure seldom occurred....

Best Regards,
Hayato Kuroda
FUJITSU LIMITED

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade and logical replication
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Bogus WAL segments archived after promotion