RE: Resetting synchronous_standby_names can wait for CHECKPOINT to finish

От Yusuke Egashira (Fujitsu)
Тема RE: Resetting synchronous_standby_names can wait for CHECKPOINT to finish
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

> When the checkpointer process is busy, even if we reset synchronous_standby_names, the resumption of the backend
processeswaiting in SyncRep are made to wait until the checkpoint is completed.
> This prevents the prompt resumption of application processing when a problem occurs on the standby server in a
synchronousreplication system.
> I confirmed this in PostgreSQL 12.18.

I have tested this issue on Postgres built from the master branch (17devel) and observed the same behavior where the
backendSyncRep release is blocked until CHECKPOINT completion.

In situations where a synchronous standby instance encounters an error and needs to be detached, I believe that the
currentbehavior of waiting for SyncRep is inappropriate as it delays the backend.
I don't think changing the position of SIGHUP processing in the Checkpointer process carries much risk. Is there any
oversightin my perception?

Regards,
Yusuke Egashira.

От: Jacob Champion
Сообщение: Re: Direct SSL connection with ALPN and HBA rules
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: I have an exporting need...