RE: Skip partition tuple routing with constant partition key

От tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: Skip partition tuple routing with constant partition key
Дата
Re: Skip partition tuple routing with constant partition key  (Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com>
> On Tue, May 18, 2021 at 11:11 AM houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com
> <houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> > For some big data scenario, we sometimes transfer data from one table(only
> store not expired data)
> > to another table(historical data) for future analysis.
> > In this case, we import data into historical table regularly(could be one day or
> half a day),
> > And the data is likely to be imported with date label specified, then all of the
> data to be
> > imported this time belong to the same partition which partition by time range.
>
> Is directing that data directly into the appropriate partition not an
> acceptable solution to address this particular use case?  Yeah, I know
> we should avoid encouraging users to perform DML directly on
> partitions, but...

Yes, I want to make/keep it possible that application developers can be unaware of partitions.  I believe that's why
David-san,Alvaro-san, and you have made great efforts to improve partitioning performance.  So, I'm +1 for what Hou-san
istrying to achieve.

Is there something you're concerned about?  The amount and/or complexity of added code?

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Subscription tests fail under CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS
От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: Skip partition tuple routing with constant partition key