RE: Parallel Inserts in CREATE TABLE AS

От tsunakawa.takay@fujitsu.com
Тема RE: Parallel Inserts in CREATE TABLE AS
Дата
Re: Parallel Inserts in CREATE TABLE AS  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>
> I'm still not sure why the execution time with 0 workers (or serial execution or
> no parallelism involved) on my testing system is 112 sec compared to 58 sec on
> Hou-San's system for the same use case. Maybe the testing system I'm using
> is not of the latest configuration compared to others.

What's the setting of wal_level on your two's systems?  I thought it could be that you set it to > minimal, while
Hou-sanset it to minimal.  (I forgot the results of 2 and 4 workers, though.)

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Teaching users how they can get the most out of HOT in Postgres 14
От: "houzj.fnst@fujitsu.com"
Сообщение: RE: Parallel Inserts in CREATE TABLE AS