Re: Avoid memory leaks during base backups

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Avoid memory leaks during base backups
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 09:02:04PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> After all, that is what is being discussed here; what if palloc down
> below fails and they're not reset to NULL after MemoryContextReset()?

It does not seem to matter much to me for that, so left these as
proposed.

> On Fri, Oct 21, 2022 at 12:11 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think the "less" is somewhat obscure.  I feel we should be more
>> explicitly. And we don't need to put emphasis on "leak".  I recklessly
>> propose this as the draft.
>
> I tried to put it simple, please see the attached v10. I'll leave it
> to the committer's discretion for better wording.

I am still not sure what "less" means when referring to a "memory
context".  Anyway, I have gone through the comments and finished with
something much more simplified, and applied the whole.
--
Michael

От: Aleksander Alekseev
Сообщение: Re: Pluggable toaster
От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: pg_dump test: Make concatenated create_sql commands more readable