Re: Re: Seeking the correct term of art for the (unique) role that is usually called "postgres"—and the mental model that underlies it all

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Re: Seeking the correct term of art for the (unique) role that is usually called "postgres"—and the mental model that underlies it all
Дата
Ответ на Re: Re: Seeking the correct term of art for the (unique) role that is usually called "postgres"—and the mental model that underlies it all  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, Nov 29, 2022 at 12:01:01PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Yeah, I don't see that "cluster" adds anything.  It's sometimes worth
> saying "database superuser" to ensure that you don't confuse people
> who might think of some external-to-Postgres meaning of "superuser",
> but otherwise plain "superuser" is fine.  And we've settled on
> "bootstrap superuser" as the best term for the role with OID 10.
> So the present set of glossary entries looks fine to me.

Thanks, agreed.  I just wanted to suggest a clarification in case it was
useful.

Embrace your flaws.  They make you human, rather than perfect,
which you will never be.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Re: Seeking the correct term of art for the (unique) role that is usually called "postgres"—and the mental model that underlies it all
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: delete statement returning too many results