Re: pg_cryptohash_final possible out-of-bounds access (per Coverity)

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: pg_cryptohash_final possible out-of-bounds access (per Coverity)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 14, 2021 at 11:39:47AM -0300, Ranier Vilela wrote:
> What do you think?

That's not a good idea for two reasons:
1) There is CRC32 to worry about, which relies on a different logic.
2) It would become easier to miss the new option as compilation would
not warn anymore if a new checksum type is added.

I have reviewed my patch this morning, tweaked a comment, and applied
it.
--
Michael

От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: doing something about the broken dynloader.h symlink
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: shared tempfile was not removed on statement_timeout