RE: How to add function schema in search_path in option definitio

От Joel Rabinovitch
Тема RE: How to add function schema in search_path in option definitio
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi,

We have hit similar issues with the software that we develop. We don’t specify the schema names in stored procedures/functions we create.

The way we resolved it was to define the schemas where the stored procedures/functions are located in the search path as part of the connection string we use. In our case, we connect using JDBC, so the search path is defined in the currentSchema argument.

We needed to do this because one of the things our installation teams do is copy schemas used in one environment, such as a production environment, to another environment,  such as a test environment. When that is done, the schemas are renamed as per our installation standards. If we hardcoded the schema names in the stored procedures/functions, the installer would have to manually adjust the schema names used.

Thanks,

Joel

От: "Wen Yi"
Сообщение: [Beginner Question] Will the vxid replace xid?
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Requesting Information for GSSAPI