Re: Incremental backup

От Peter J. Holzer
Тема Re: Incremental backup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 2021-10-29 08:38:47 -0400, Mladen Gogala wrote:
> On 10/29/21 03:30, Peter J. Holzer wrote:
> > I was not aware that Oracle even has something equivalent to a Postgres cluster.
>
> It's called "Oracle instance".

I don't think that's equivalent. An Oracle instance is a runtime concept
(the collection of server processes on a single machine serving a single
database (the collection of files on the disk)) whereas a PostgreSQL cluster is
both a data and a runtime concept (config + data files for several
databases with some shared data + the processes serving them). Also
instance:database is n:1 while cluster to database is 1:n. Very
different.

        hp

От: Ron
Сообщение: Re: DBeaver does not show all tables in a Schema
От: Mladen Gogala
Сообщение: Re: Incremental backup