Re: First draft of the PG 15 release notes

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: First draft of the PG 15 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 04:02:31PM +0900, Amit Langote wrote:
> On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 12:44 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> > I have completed the first draft of the PG 15 release notes
> The commit is intended to only change the behavior of RI triggers,
> while leaving user-defined triggers firing as before.  I think it
> might be a good idea to be specific by wording this, maybe as follows?
>
> Improve the firing of foreign key triggers during cross-partition
> updates of partitioned tables (Amit Langote)
>
> Previously, such updates fired delete triggers on the source partition
> and insert triggers on the target partition, whereas PostgreSQL will
> now fire update triggers on the partitioned table mentioned in the
> query, which makes the behavior of foreign keys pointing into that
> table more consistent.  Note that other user-defined triggers are
> fired as they were before.

Yes, this is what I needed to know.  The updated text is:

    <!--
    Author: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>
    2022-03-20 [ba9a7e392] Enforce foreign key correctly during cross-partition upd
    -->

    <listitem>
    <para>
    Improve foreign key behavior of updates on partitioned tables
    that move rows between partitions (Amit Langote)
    </para>

    <para>
    Previously, such updates ran delete actions on the source partition
    and insert actions on the target partition.  PostgreSQL will now
    run update actions on the partition root.
    </para>
    </listitem>

  Indecision is a decision.  Inaction is an action.  Mark Batterson

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: Allowing REINDEX to have an optional name
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: First draft of the PG 15 release notes