Re: recovery modules

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: recovery modules
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 17, 2023 at 11:41:32AM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> I don't fully now, it's not entirely clear to me what the goals here were. I
> think you'd likely need to do a bit of infrastructure work to do this
> sanely. So far we just didn't have the need to handle files being released in
> a way like you want to do there.
>
> I suspect a good direction would be to use resource owners. Add a separate set
> of functions that release files on resource owner release. Most of the
> infrastructure is there already, for temporary files
> (c.f. OpenTemporaryFile()).

Yes, perhaps.  I've had good experience with these when it comes to
avoid leakages when releasing resources, particularly for resources
allocated by external libraries (cough, OpenSSL, cough).  And there
was some work to make these more scalable, for example.

At this stage of the CF, it seems pretty clear to me that this should
be pushed to v17, so moved to next CF.
--
Michael

От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: Using each rel as both outer and inner for JOIN_ANTI
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: [BUG] pg_stat_statements and extended query protocol