Re: BUG #16628: Hostame and string connection functions

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: BUG #16628: Hostame and string connection functions
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Apr 22, 2023 at 11:57:06AM -0300, Anderson Antunes wrote:
> I'm sorry for not responding earlier. She ended up falling into spam. I solved
> it by creating a specific variable in the postgresql configuration file.
>
> If it's not too much trouble, I have another question: my name is Anderson
> Antunes. I live in Brazil. I'm doing research for a master's project about
> pseudo random numbers and would like to know more information about the random
> () function used to randomly order a set of records. I tried to search through
> the site that offers the source code but I couldn't identify the exact
> implementation of this function.

Looks like random() internally is called drandom():

    \x
    \df+ random
    List of functions
    -[ RECORD 1 ]-------+-----------------
    Schema              | pg_catalog
    Name                | random
    Result data type    | double precision
    Argument data types |
    Type                | func
    Volatility          | volatile
    Parallel            | restricted
    Owner               | postgres
    Security            | invoker
    Access privileges   |
    Language            | internal
-->    Internal name       | drandom
    Description         | random value

  Embrace your flaws.  They make you human, rather than perfect,
  which you will never be.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17912: Invalid memory access when converting plpython' array containing empty array
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17912: Invalid memory access when converting plpython' array containing empty array