Re: nextval() on serial using old, existing value on insert?

От hubert depesz lubaczewski
Тема Re: nextval() on serial using old, existing value on insert?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Wed, May 10, 2023 at 10:06:28PM -0700, Wells Oliver wrote:
> As a follow up, I've selected max(common_key) from the table and
> setval()'ed on the sequence to that +1 and I think that should make this go
> away. Any reason why that's insane?

If you're on pg 10 or newer, you can make the id to be "generated always
as identity" which will make it impossible to provide id value from
user, thus making the problem impossible to happen.

Best regards,

depesz

От: Norbert Poellmann
Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_activity query_id
От: Erik Wienhold
Сообщение: Re: pg_stat_activity query_id