Re: Cutting support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 in 17~?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Cutting support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 in 17~?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 24, 2023 at 11:36:56AM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> 1.0.2 is also an LTS version available commercially for premium support
> customers of OpenSSL (1.1.1 will become an LTS version as well), with 1.0.2zh
> slated for release next week.  This raises the likelyhood of Postgres
> installations using 1.0.2 in production still, and for some time to come.

Good point.  Indeed, that makes it pretty clear that not dropping
1.0.2 would be the best option for the time being, so 0001 would be
enough.

I am wondering if we should worry about having a buildfarm member that
could test these binaries, though, in case they have compatibility
issues..  But it would be harder to debug without the code at hand, as
well.
--
Michael

От: Matthias van de Meent
Сообщение: Re: RFI: Extending the TOAST Pointer
От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Cutting support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 in 17~?