Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready
Дата
Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready  (John Naylor <john.naylor@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 24, 2023 at 12:23:02PM +0700, John Naylor wrote:

> On Wed, May 24, 2023 at 11:19 AM Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> >
> > Second, you might be correct that the section is wrong.  I thought of
> > CPU instructions as something tied to the compiler, so part of the build
> > process or source code, but the point we should be make is that we have
> > these acceleration, not how it is implemented.  We can move the entire
> > group to the "General Performance" section, or we can split it out:
>
> Splitting out like that seems like a good idea to me.

Okay, items split into sections and several merged.  I left the
CPU-specific parts in Source Code, and moved the rest into a merged item
in General Performance, but moved the JSON item to Data Types.

Patch attached, and you can see the results at:

    https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-16.html

> The last one refers to new internal functions, so it could stay in source code.
> (Either way, we don't want to imply that arrays of SQL types are accelerated
> this way, it's so far only for internal arrays.)

Good point.  I called them "C arrays" but it it into the General
Performance item.

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: memory leak in trigger handling (since PG12)
От: "Tristan Partin"
Сообщение: Re: Make pgbench exit on SIGINT more reliably