Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 19, 2023 at 07:31:40AM -0700, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 04:49:47PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I have completed the first draft of the PG 16 release notes.  You can
> > see the output here:
> >
> >     https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-16.html
> >
> > I will adjust it to the feedback I receive;  that URL will quickly show
> > all updates.
>
> Thanks!
>
> > Allow GRANT to give vacuum and analyze permission to users beyond the
> > table owner or superusers (Nathan Bossart)
>
> This one was effectively reverted in favor of the MAINTAIN privilege.

Okay, removed.

> > Create a predefined role with permission to perform maintenance
> > operations (Nathan Bossart)
>
> IMO this should also mention the grantable MAINTAIN privilege.
> Alternatively, the item above about granting vacuum/analyze privileges
> could be adjusted.

Very good point --- here is the new text:

    <!--
    Author: Jeff Davis <jdavis@postgresql.org>
    2022-12-13 [60684dd83] Add grantable MAINTAIN privilege and pg_maintain role.
    Author: Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>
    2022-11-28 [4441fc704] Provide non-superuser predefined roles for vacuum and an
    Author: Jeff Davis <jdavis@postgresql.org>
    2023-01-14 [ff9618e82] Fix MAINTAIN privileges for toast tables and partitions.
    -->

    <listitem>
    <para>
    Create a predefined role and grantable privilege with permission to perform maintenance operations (Nathan
Bossart)
    </para>

    <para>
    The predefined role is is called pg_maintain.
    </para>
    </listitem>

I will commit this change now.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: The documentation for READ COMMITTED may be incomplete or wrong
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready