Re: Cleaning up nbtree after logical decoding on standby work

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Cleaning up nbtree after logical decoding on standby work
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 26, 2023 at 04:48:37PM -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> I'd have thought the subject line "Cleaning up nbtree after logical
> decoding on standby work" made it quite clear that this patch was
> targeting 16.

Hmm, okay.  I was understanding that as something for v17, honestly.

> It's not refactoring work -- not really. The whole idea of outright
> removing the use of P_NEW in nbtree was where I landed with this after
> a couple of hours of work. In fact I almost posted a version without
> that, though that was worse in every way to my final approach.
>
> I first voiced concerns about this whole area way back on April 4,
> which is only 3 days after commit 61b313e4 went in:
>
> https://postgr.es/m/CAH2-Wz=jGryxWm74G1khSt0zNPUNhezYJnvSjNo2t3Jswtb8ww@mail.gmail.com

Sure.  My take is that if this patch were to be sent at the beginning
of April, it could have been considered in v16.  However, deciding
such a matter at the end of May after beta1 has been released is a
different call.  You may want to make sure that the RMT is OK with
that, at the end.
--
Michael

От: David Rowley
Сообщение: Re: benchmark results comparing versions 15.2 and 16
От: "Shinoda, Noriyoshi (PN Japan FSIP)"
Сообщение: [16Beta1][doc] Add BackendType for standalone backends