Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: PG 16 draft release notes ready
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 27, 2023 at 03:49:44PM -0600, Roberto Mello wrote:
> Adding to this thread as suggested by jkatz for consideration of
> adding to release notes...
>
> In [1] I mention the omission of ldap_password_hook and a suggested paragraph.
>
> Roberto
>
> [1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAKz%3D%3DbLzGb-9O294AoZHqEWpAi2Ki58yCr4gaqg1HnZyh3L1uA%40mail.gmail.com

I did see that commit:

    commit 419a8dd814
    Author: Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>
    Date:   Wed Mar 15 16:37:28 2023 -0400

        Add a hook for modifying the ldapbind password

        The hook can be installed by a shared_preload library.

        A similar mechanism could be used for radius paswords, for example, and
        the type name auth_password_hook_typ has been shosen with that in mind.

        John Naylor and Andrew Dunstan

        Discussion: https://postgr.es/m/469b06ed-69de-ba59-c13a-91d2372e52a9@dunslane.net

However, there is no user documentation of this hook, so it didn't seem
like something to add to the release notes.

От: Japin Li
Сообщение: Another incorrect comment for pg_stat_statements
От: vignesh C
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade and logical replication