Re: Support to define custom wait events for extensions

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Support to define custom wait events for extensions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 05:46:31PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 12, 2023 at 04:52:38PM +0900, Masahiro Ikeda wrote:
>> If the behavior is unexpected, we need to change the current code.
>> I have created a patch for the areas that I felt needed to be changed.
>> - 0001-change-the-die-condition-in-generate-wait_event_type.patch
>>  (In addition to the above, "$continue = ",\n";" doesn't appear to be
>> necessary.)
>
>     die "wait event names must start with 'WAIT_EVENT_'"
>       if ( $trimmedwaiteventname eq $waiteventenumname
> -       && $waiteventenumname !~ /^LWLock/
> -       && $waiteventenumname !~ /^Lock/);
> -   $continue = ",\n";
> +       && $waitclassname !~ /^WaitEventLWLock$/
> +       && $waitclassname !~ /^WaitEventLock$/);
>
> Indeed, this looks wrong as-is.  $waiteventenumname refers to the
> names of the enum elements, so we could just apply a filter based on
> the class names in full.  The second check in for the generation of
> the c/h files uses the class names.

At the end, I have gone with an event simpler way and removed the
checks for LWLock and Lock as their hardcoded values marked as DOCONLY
satisfy this check.  The second check when generating the C and header
code has also been simplified a bit to use an exact match with the
class name.
--
Michael

От: Vik Fearing
Сообщение: Re: MERGE ... RETURNING
От: Matheus Alcantara
Сообщение: Duplicated LLVMJitHandle->lljit assignment?