Re: Archive cleanup

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Archive cleanup
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Greetings,

* Jeff Janes (jeff.janes@gmail.com) wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 4, 2023 at 5:04 AM Rajesh Kumar <rajeshkumar.dba09@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Anybody let me know how to automate the archive clean up in postgres.
>
> If the only reason you have an archive is so a standby can get the WAL,
> then you can just use a slot instead.  If you don't have an archive, you
> don't need to clean it up.

No, archives are critical for online backups and PITR, not just so that
you can make sure the standby is able to catch up (but that's a very
nice additional bit that archives provide).

* Rajesh Kumar (rajeshkumar.dba09@gmail.com) wrote:
> Archive is must for point in time recovery right?

Yes.

* Ron (ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com) wrote:
> Use PgBackRest, and make your life a *lot* easier.

Agreed.

Thanks,

Stephen

От: sbob
Сообщение: FDW or similar for DB2 / Mainframe?
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: Parallel WAL Archival Options