Re: Cutting support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 in 17~?

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Cutting support for OpenSSL 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 in 17~?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 07, 2023 at 01:44:11PM +0200, Daniel Gustafsson wrote:
> Sadly I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if there are 1.0.2 users on modern
> operating systems, especially given its LTS status (which OpenSSL hasn't even
> capped but sells by "for as long as it remains commercially viable to do so"
> basis).

Yes, I would not be surprised by that either.  TBH, I don't like much
the fact that we rely on OpenSSL to decide when we should cut it.
Particularly since all the changes given to it after it got EOL'd are
close source at this point.

> That being said, my gut feeling is that 3.x has gotten pretty good
> market penetration.

Perhaps.
--
Michael

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Document that server will start even if it's unable to open some TCP/IP ports
От: Jacob Champion
Сообщение: Re: Row pattern recognition