Re: Add a new BGWORKER_BYPASS_ROLELOGINCHECK flag

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Add a new BGWORKER_BYPASS_ROLELOGINCHECK flag
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 05, 2023 at 05:51:31PM +0530, Bharath Rupireddy wrote:
> I think changing BGWORKER_BYPASS_ALLOWCONN to 0x0001 and having bits32
> for InitPostgres inputs load_session_libraries and
> override_allow_connections can be 0001 in this patch series so that it
> can go first, no? This avoids the new code being in the old format and
> changing things right after it commits.

I am not completely sure what you mean here.  We've never supported
load_session_libraries for background workers, and I'm not quite sure
that there is a case for it.  FWIW, my idea around that would be to
have two separate sets of flags: one set for the bgworkers and one set
for PostgresInit() as an effect of load_session_libraries which looks
like a fuzzy concept for bgworkers.
--
Michael

От: "Imseih (AWS), Sami"
Сообщение: Re: False "pg_serial": apparent wraparound” in logs
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: pg16: invalid page/page verification failed