Re: Remove distprep

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Remove distprep
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 05, 2023 at 05:46:46PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Ok, I think I found a better way to address this.  It requires keeping a
> subset of the old distprep target in src/backend/Makefile for use by nls.mk.
> I have checked that the above sequence now works, and that the generated
> .pot files are identical to before this patch.

generated-parser-sources looks like an elegant split.

> (Not sure if it would be good to commit it that way, but it's easier to look
> at for now for sure.)

Not sure.  I'd be OK if the patch set is committed into two pieces as
well.  I guess that's up to how you feel about that at the end ;)

While looking at the last references of the distribution tarball, this
came out:
# This allows removing some files from the distribution tarballs while
# keeping the dependencies satisfied.
.SECONDARY: $(GENERATED_SGML)
.SECONDARY: postgres-full.xml
.SECONDARY: INSTALL.html INSTALL.xml
.SECONDARY: postgres-A4.fo postgres-US.fo

That's not really something for this patch, but I got to ask.  What's
the final plan for the documentation when it comes to releases?  A
second tarball separated from the git-only tarball that includes all
that and the HTML docs, generated with a new "doc-only" set of meson
commands?
--
Michael

От: Krishnakumar R
Сообщение: Re: Move bki file pre-processing from initdb to bootstrap
От: Masahiro Ikeda
Сообщение: Re: Rethink the wait event names for postgres_fdw, dblink and etc