Re: [PGdocs] fix description for handling pf non-ASCII characters

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [PGdocs] fix description for handling pf non-ASCII characters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 28, 2023 at 03:23:30AM +0000, Hayato Kuroda (Fujitsu) wrote:
> Hmm, cfbot got angry because it tried to apply both of patches. To avoid it, I repost renamed patch.
> (I'm happy if we can specify the target branch of patches)

I was looking at this thread overall, the three v3 flavors of the doc
changes and v4.

-        <varname>application_name</varname> value. Other characters will be
-        replaced with question marks (<literal>?</literal>).
+        <varname>application_name</varname> value.
+        Other characters are replaced with <link
+        linkend="sql-syntax-strings-escape">C-style hexadecimal escapes</link>.

The simplicity of the change in v4 seems like the best approach to me,
so +1 for that (including the mention to "C-style").
--
Michael

От: jacktby jacktby
Сообщение: Re: Set enable_seqscan doesn't take effect?
От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: Requiring recovery.signal or standby.signal when recovering with a backup_label