Re: BUG #18134: ROW_COUNT do not set to 0 when psql's \gset command get no rows returned

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #18134: ROW_COUNT do not set to 0 when psql's \gset command get no rows returned
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Sep 27, 2023 at 06:00:58PM +0800, Japin Li wrote:
> It seems SaveResultVariables() was lost when executing failed. Attached fix it.

Yeah, I think that you're right here, the variables should be set.
SetResultVariables() ought to be called even if \gset failed to return
a result.  We have a bunch of paths in the psql code (for backend
errors as well as errors internal to psql) where things are done this
way, and the top of SetResultVariables() even documents that.
--
Michael

От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18141: sorry, too many clients error occurring very frequently
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18135: Incorrect memory access occurs when attaching a partition with an index