Re: Seeming contradiction in 22.1

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Seeming contradiction in 22.1
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Wed, Sep 27, 2023 at 06:11:44PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 05:45:03PM +0100, maja zaloznik wrote:
> > Thanks David, this is very helpful!
> >
> > I would have to agree with Tom, that while technically true, the text could be
> > reworded. namely it was not obvious to me that i had used a 'packager' to
> > install the clusters and therefore was doing something outside the purview of
> > the postgres documentation.
> >
> > To me the last sentence would be clearer if it read something like:
> >
> > "Most packagers will name this role `postgres` by default, but this is not
> > required".
> >
> > That way it avoids the passive tense which leaves some ambiguity as to who or
> > what and when is naming this superuser.
>
> I think the paragraph was trying to do too much so I simplified it,
> patch attached.

Patch applied to PG 16.  I didn't go further because this is only a
clarification, rather than missing or incorrect information, and the
patch didn't cleanly apply to PG 15.

От: PG Doc comments form
Сообщение: Improve documentation for 'recovery_target' option
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Certificate authentication docs in multiple places