Re: Rename backup_label to recovery_control

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Rename backup_label to recovery_control
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 16, 2023 at 01:16:42PM +0900, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:
> Just an idea in a slightly different direction, but I'm wondering if
> we can simply merge the content of backup_label into control file.
> The file is 8192 bytes long, yet only 256 bytes are used. As a result,
> we anticipate no overhead.  Sucha configuration would forcibly prevent
> uses from from removing the backup information.

With the critical assumptions behind PG_CONTROL_MAX_SAFE_SIZE, that
does not sound like a good idea to me.  And that's without the fact
that base backup labels could make the control file theoretically even
larger than PG_CONTROL_FILE_SIZE, even if that's unlikely going to
happen in practice.
--
Michael

От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: Re: Rename backup_label to recovery_control
От: jian he
Сообщение: Re: SQL:2011 application time