Re: [DOCS] Add example about date ISO format

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [DOCS] Add example about date ISO format
Дата
Re: [DOCS] Add example about date ISO format  (Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at>)
Список pgsql-docs
On Wed, Nov 22, 2023 at 02:02:02PM +0100, Erik Wienhold wrote:
> > > +     <listitem>
> > > +      <para>
> > > +        <literal>to_char(current_timestamp AT TIME ZONE 'UTC',
> > > +        'YYYY-MM-DD"T"HH24:MI:SSZ')</literal> outputs the current UTC
>
> This might be excessive, but should we have an example with other time
> zones?  ISO 8601 is not limited to UTC.  For example:
> YYYY-MM-DD"T"HH24:MI:SSOF or YYYY-MM-DD"T"HH24:MI:SSTZH:TZM
>
> Fractional seconds are also possible: YYYY-MM-DD"T"HH24:MI:SS,FF6

Uh, I think the goal was to show how to output ISO 8601 output with "T".
I assume they can figure out how to customize that.

> > > +        date/time in <acronym>ISO</acronym> 8601 date/time format.
> > > +      </para>
> > > +     </listitem>
> > > +
> > >      </itemizedlist>
> > >     </para>
> > >

> > +1 on the idea, but from the context it looks like you added that example
> > at the regular expression matching functions.
> >
> > I think the example had best be at "8.5.2. Date/Time Output", in
> > doc/src/sgml/datatype.sgml around line 2552.
>
> +1 for moving it to section 8.5.2.

Okay, I moved it into the "Note" section that talked about ISO 8601
output with "T", in the attached patch.

I will apply this only to master since it is not a correction.

От: Erik Wienhold
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Add example about date ISO format
От: Erik Wienhold
Сообщение: Re: [DOCS] Add example about date ISO format