Re: SELECT ... FOR UPDATE OF clause documentation implies use of table_names rather than aliases

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: SELECT ... FOR UPDATE OF clause documentation implies use of table_names rather than aliases
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Fri, Nov 17, 2023 at 03:44:04PM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:
> I don't like this particular solution to the stated complaint.  When a FROM
> entry has an alias it must be referenced via that alias anywhere it is
> referenced in the query - and indeed it is an error to not write the alias in
> your example.  It is not an improvement to write [ table_name | alias ] in our
> syntax to try and demonstrate this requirement.  If we do want to not say
> "table_name" I suggest we say instead "from_reference" and then just define
> what that means (i.e., an unaliased table name or an alias in the sibling FROM
> clause attached to this level of the query).  I like this better anyway on the
> grounds that the thing being referenced can be a subquery or a view as well as
> a table.

Okay, how is the attached patch?

От: Erik Wienhold
Сообщение: Re: T is a mandatory date time separator in RFC3339 but documentation states differently
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: SELECT ... FOR UPDATE OF clause documentation implies use of table_names rather than aliases