Re: Add recovery to pg_control and remove backup_label

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Add recovery to pg_control and remove backup_label
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 03:58:55PM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> I was thinking we'd just set it in the pg_basebackup style path, and we'd
> error out if it's set and backup_label is present. But we'd still use
> backup_label without the pg_control flag set.
>
> So it'd just provide a cross-check that backup_label was not removed for
> pg_basebackup style backup, but wouldn't do anything for external backups. But
> imo the proposal to just us pg_control doesn't actually do anything for
> external backups either - which is why I think my proposal would achieve as
> much, for a much lower price.

I don't see why not.  It does not increase the number of steps when
doing a backup, and backupStartPoint alone would not be able to offer
this much protection.
--
Michael

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Optimizing nbtree ScalarArrayOp execution, allowing multi-column ordered scans, skip scan
От: Amit Langote
Сообщение: Re: remaining sql/json patches