Re: BUG #18230: Redundant comparison of a local variable 'tzp' address with a NULL value at dt_common.c

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: BUG #18230: Redundant comparison of a local variable 'tzp' address with a NULL value at dt_common.c
Дата
Re: BUG #18230: Redundant comparison of a local variable 'tzp' address with a NULL value at dt_common.c  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Dec 07, 2023 at 09:51:57AM +0800, Richard Guo wrote:
> There are several places in DecodeDateTime() where the value of '*tzp'
> is changed.  It seems to me that these assignments are unnecessary since
> the value of '*tzp' is not utilized anywhere in the code.  Can we also
> remove these assignments?

*tzp could be given to DecodeTimezone() and manipulated inside it, but
you are right that we don't use it at all in the DecodeDateTime()
path.  Other callers of DecodeTimezone() may depend on the changes
done inside it, though.  Perhaps DecodeTimezone() should be extended
so as it can accept a NULL value and use that in DecodeDateTime(),
eliminating the need for *tzp entirely?
--
Michael

От: RekGRpth
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18230: Redundant comparison of a local variable 'tzp' address with a NULL value at dt_common.c
От: RekGRpth
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18230: Redundant comparison of a local variable 'tzp' address with a NULL value at dt_common.c