Re: Is it possible to add support for PostgreSQL-15 and newer versions in omnipitr?

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Is it possible to add support for PostgreSQL-15 and newer versions in omnipitr?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Greetings,

* hailong.li (hailong.li@qunar.com) wrote:
> OmniPITR is an very excellent software!

Unfortunately, it's not been maintained in many many years and used
deprecated and now removed interfaces because those interfaces resulted
in cases where PG wouldn't properly restart from a crash when it should
and encouraged users to do things which could lead very easily to
corruption.

> Btw, pgbackrest only supports the default 8k blocksize of PG instances,but
> our blocksize is 32k.😭

There's been some work towards adding support for alternative block size
PG instances in pgbackrest.  The open pull request is here:

https://github.com/pgbackrest/pgbackrest/pull/2197

If you're interested in this then I strongly encourage you to take a
look at that pull request and try out pgbackrest with it and provide
your feedback on it.

Independently, it'd be very interesting to hear about your use case and
why you're running with 32K block sizes instead of the default 8K.
There's been some work to make PostgreSQL able to run with different
block sizes which are chosen at initdb-time (instead of having it be a
compile-time option), presumably that would also be interesting for your
use-case...?

Thanks,

Stephen

От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #18246: pgstathashindex() attempts to read invalid file for hash index attached to partitioned table
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18241: PushTransaction may cause Standby to execute ItemIdMarkDead