Re: Out of the box, full text search feature suggestion for postgresql

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Out of the box, full text search feature suggestion for postgresql
Дата
Re: Out of the box, full text search feature suggestion for postgresql  (Artur Zakirov <zaartur@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Dec 28, 2023 at 10:15:07AM -0500, aa wrote:
> Hello Postgres Team!
>
> First of all, a big THANK YOU for the great work you folks are doing!
>
> The reason I am writing to you is to suggest a feature in future Postgres
> versions, a feature that is partially there but is not quite where it should be
> in my opinion: the full text search functionality. This functionality in my
> opinion, should be available out of the box, for any possible language
> available, including east Asia character based languages. You would probably
> say that this will require a huge amount of work, and I would say, a postgres
> extension which does exactly this, already exists, and it is called : pgroonga
> (https://pgroonga.github.io/)

Please explain how this is different from what we already have:

    https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/textsearch.html

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18261: Inconsistent results of SELECT affected by joined subqueries
От: aa
Сообщение: Re: Out of the box, full text search feature suggestion for postgresql