Re: Adding facility for injection points (or probe points?) for more advanced tests

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Adding facility for injection points (or probe points?) for more advanced tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 23, 2024 at 12:08:17PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> That was on my TODO list of things to tackle and propose, but perhaps
> there is no point in waiting more so I've applied your patch.

Slightly off topic and while I don't forget about it..  Please find
attached a copy of the patch posted around [1] to be able to define
injection points with input arguments, so as it is possible to execute
callbacks with values coming from the code path where the point is
attached.

For example, a backend could use this kind of macro to have a callback
attached to this point use some runtime value:
INJECTION_POINT_1ARG("InjectionPointBoo", &some_value);

[1]: https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/Za8TLyD9HIjzFlhJ%40paquier.xyz
--
Michael

От: Vik Fearing
Сообщение: Re: Add support for data change delta tables
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Add \syncpipeline command to pgbench