Re: Simplify documentation related to Windows builds

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Simplify documentation related to Windows builds
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 09, 2024 at 11:59:21AM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
>> +      <productname>Diff</productname> is required to run the regression
>> +      tests. On Windows, it may not be available by default.
>> +     </para>
>> +    </listitem>
>>     </itemizedlist>
>>    </para>
>
> It's not installed by default on a bunch of platforms, including in common
> linux distros. The same is true for bison, flex etc, so I'm not sure it's
> really worth calling this out here.

Removing the second sentence would be OK, I assume.

>> -      <varlistentry>
>> -       <term><productname>MIT Kerberos</productname></term>
>> -       <listitem><para>
>> -        Required for GSSAPI authentication support. MIT Kerberos can be
>> -        downloaded from
>> -        <ulink url="https://web.mit.edu/Kerberos/dist/index.html"></ulink>.
>> -       </para></listitem>
>> -      </varlistentry>
>
> Btw, this is the only dependency that I hadn't been able to test on windows
> when I was hacking on the CI stuff last.  I'm not sure it relly still works.

Do you think that [1] would help in that?

[1]: https://community.chocolatey.org/packages/mitkerberos
--
Michael

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Simplify documentation related to Windows builds
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations