Re: Relation bulk write facility

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Relation bulk write facility
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 26, 2024 at 09:42:03AM +0530, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 26, 2024 at 1:21 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> So, we now need to strip the remnants of AIX support from the code and
>> docs?  I don't see that much of it, but it's misleading to leave it
>> there.
>>
>> (BTW, I still want to nuke the remaining snippets of HPPA support.
>> I don't think it does anybody any good to make it look like that's
>> still expected to work.)
>
> +1 for removing things that don't work (or that we think probably don't work).

Seeing this stuff eat developer time because of the debugging of weird
issues while having a very limited impact for end-users is sad, so +1
for a cleanup of any remnants if this disappears.
--
Michael

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Relation bulk write facility
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Preserve subscription OIDs during pg_upgrade