Re: UUID v7

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: UUID v7
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 12, 2024 at 11:10:37AM +0500, Andrey M. Borodin wrote:
> On 12 Mar 2024, at 10:53, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>> On 22 Jan 2024, at 09:22, Nikolay Samokhvalov <nik@postgres.ai> wrote:
>>
>> And many libraries are already including implementation of UUIDv7 – here are some examples:
>>
>> - https://www.npmjs.com/package/uuidv7
>> - https://crates.io/crates/uuidv7
>> - https://github.com/google/uuid/pull/139
>
> So at least reviewing patch and agreeing on chosen methods and constants makes sense.

Sure, there is no problem in discussing a patch to implement a
behavior.  But I disagree about taking a risk in merging something
that could become non-compliant with the approved RFC, if the draft is
approved at the end, of course.  This just strikes me as a bad idea.
--
Michael

От: Bertrand Drouvot
Сообщение: Re: Spurious pgstat_drop_replslot() call
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: Streaming I/O, vectored I/O (WIP)